* Free Ground Shipping, not subject to additional discounts.
** Dropship from manufacturer.
The Haygain HG 600 has been designed to feed 2-3 horses*.
The HG600 will hold up to 33 lbs of forage either in a haynet or loose wedges, the equivalent of half a small strung bale of hay or up to 33 lbs of loose hay or haynets. The HG 600's robust chest allows temperatures to reach over 212°F - vital for killing mold spores and bacteria in the hay.
The steam generator features a stainless steel boiler shell with a domed lid for optimum steam flow and consistent delivery, as well as a robust heating element. The balanced integrated handle allows for easy rinsing of the unit while the location of the filler spout, with its brass safety release filler cap, prevents overfilling.
Comes complete with everything you need:
- 1.5 kW Steam Generator/Boiler (to hold one gallon of water)
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- 1 Gallon Filler Bottle
- 2 Descaler Sachets - to keep your boilers in tip top condition
- Dipstick - to monitor water level
- Funnel - for filling
- Drip tray
- Built in wheels for easy transportation
- Weight: 90 lbs (combined weight of hay container and steam generator)
- Dimensions: LxDxH 28in x 27in 27in
- Feeds 2-3 horses
- Steaming cycle from cold approximately 60 minutes
- Double-skinned and thermally insulated to reach and maintain the critically high temperatures required
- All fittings and fastenings are either brass or stainless steel, so will not corrode
Patent title: Apparatus for and Method of Steam Treating of Fodder (Official No 2454969 and 2477874)
*The number of horses the HG 600 feeds is an approximate guide only based on portion size, compaction of hay, size of bale and number of steam cycles per day.
Size: Half bale